Introduction and laws
If you plan to serve alcoholic beverages at your event, you must follow state and local laws issued by the Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control (ABC). The ABC provides licenses to serve alcohol on campus and "special event" authorization for serving alcohol at a location that is otherwise unlicensed to serve alcohol on a regular basis.
It is your responsibility as a Stanford Event Organizer to fill out the appropriate forms, provide the required documentation, confirm insurance coverage and obtain a signature from a sworn member of the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to receive a license and ensure everything is processed correctly and on time.
You are also responsible for following all applicable state and local laws, ordinances and regulations, as well as all university policies and procedures. Violations of laws or policies may result in cancellation of the event and further disciplinary actions.
Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy Serving requirements and civil liability
All events where alcohol will be served must follow these serving requirements, as well as any and all applicable state and local laws, ordinances and regulations, university policies and procedures.
- If immediate assistance is needed or an emergency occurs at the event, call 911.
- Self-service of alcohol is not permitted.
- Equally Attractive Non-Alcoholic Beverages (EANABs) and food must be available and easily accessible throughout the event.
- Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy Alcohol service on campus includes beer and wine only.
- Licensed caterer or beverage service company must be hired to serve alcohol at the event.
- If anyone under the age of 21 will be attending, ID cards must be shown upon entry and wristbands must be distributed to ensure that these guests will not be served.
- The event organizer (or designated person over 21) must attend the event for the entire period that alcohol is to be served.
- The event organizer must have the ABC license on hand during the event (when a license is required).
- Anyone who looks to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to exercise care for one's own safety, or that of others, should not be served alcohol and DPS may be notified if there are further questions or concerns.
- Under some circumstances, event planners, bartenders or other organizing members of the event may be held legally liable for the consequences of serving alcohol to underage drinkers or obviously intoxicated persons.
When a license is required
If any of the following conditions exist, you must obtain a license:
- A fee of any kind is being charged for an event where alcohol is being served at any point.
Example: A symposium has a registration fee and the closing reception will include alcohol.
- Alcohol is being sold directly to individuals during an event, i.e., a no-host bar.
- The event is open to the general public and not a closed, internal or invitation-only event.
Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy Even if your event does not require you to obtain an alcohol license, you are still responsible for following the serving requirements above, as well as any and all applicable state and local laws, ordinances and regulations, university policies and procedures.
How to obtain a license (3-step process)
1. Hire a licensed caterer or beverage service company (vendor) and obtain a certificate of insurance (COI)
Proof of insurance, in the form of a current From Amin-car Number Address Germany Truck1 Offers Phone -, is required from any vendor serving alcohol. Alcohol cannot be served without a current COI R - Undocumented amp;g Brenner Must Tax File Returns Immigrantsand the vendor must have a hard copy with them at the event. Minimum umbrella coverage is $5,000,000. When you receive the vendor's certificate, please forward it for review and approval to the Office of Risk Management.
Please share the standard insurance coverage and vendor requirements policies with your vendors.
2. Fill out the appropriate ABC form and get a sworn DPS member's signature
Form ABC-218 is used by licensed vendors who are both serving AND supplying the alcohol.
Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy This form may be completed by the Stanford Event Organizer or by the vendor. However, numbers 16-19 must include the name of the Stanford Event Organizer or department in charge of the event, not the caterer or beverage service company. Complete sections 1, 2 and 4.Ways Social Wikihow - Change Security To Deposit 3 Direct
Form ABC-221 is used by the event organizer when the alcohol is being supplied or donated by someone other than the vendor who will be serving at the event.
This form must be completed by the Stanford Event Organizer, not the caterer or beverage service company. Numbers 13-17 must include the name of the Stanford Event Organizer or department in charge of the event, not the caterer or beverage service company. Do not sign the property owner section.
After completing either form, contact DPS for a signature
You cannot serve alcohol or obtain a license without a signature from a sworn member of DPS. The appropriate ABC form (218 or 221) must be submitted to DPS at least 7 working days prior to the event. You must also provide the name, phone number and email address of the designated event organizer or vendor (over 21 years of age) who will pick up the form from DPS.
You can submit the form to DPS by either:
- Scanning and emailing: [email protected]
- Delivering the form in person: 711 Serra Street
- Faxing the form: 650-323-1185
3. Collect required documentation and meet with the Santa Clara County ABC
You should contact the Santa Clara County ABC office (located in San Jose) before going to the ABC to ensure that you have all the necessary documents and confirm the appropriate fees that will be required. Please note, the office does not accept walk-ins after 2:30 p.m.
Bring the following items with you:
- Your personal identification
- The completed ABC form (218 or 221) Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy signed by DPS
- A money order or cashier's check in the appropriate amount (ranging from $25.00 to $100.00 - call to inquire first). No credit cards are accepted.
- Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy A diagram of the location(s) if the event is being held outdoors
Make a copy of the approved ABC license you receive and provide it to DPS upon your return so it is on file during your event.
Fake Medium Are Kitka Stupid Ids Amy Who can help